What is Birth Evolved?
Birth Evolved is here to better prepare you and your partner for the birth of your Baby and the life immediately after the birth – the 4th trimester.
This unique workshop is divided into 3 – 2,5 hour sessions.
Session 1 and 2 are combination of birth education, active movement, relaxation techniques and breathing practices to help you and your partner prepare for the big day.
Designed to build self-confidence while accessing your wisdom and inner strength. As a result, you will leave the workshop equipped with a toolbox of beneficial techniques to help you towards a positive birthing experience.
Session 3 is Preparing for a positive 4th trimester. Helping you to broaden your horizons before life becomes solely focused on how to be the best Mum and Dad to your little jelly bean. This engaging and informative workshop is an opportunity for women (mums to be or new mums) and their partners to plan and share all things postpartum and to build understanding and realistic expectations. The 4th trimester is a time of immense physical and emotional change for the new-born baby and both new parents. We will discuss various postpartum topics, provide handouts and referrals for ongoing support and shine light on what to expect and how to navigate this beautifully challenging period.
What to expect?
Session 1 and 2:
- Beginning of labour
- Anatomy of the uterus and the function and importance of different hormone that can influence your birthing experience
- Stages of labour
- Active movement and how it can assist you in labour
- Team work is dream work! How can your partner be your active support during labour? To build each other’s confidence we get you practice birthing positions and massage together.
- Breathing practice and discussion about the importance of breath and how correct breathing can help you stay calm and focused
- Grounding meditation and relaxation techniques for labour
- Pain relief options for labour
- Creating positive affirmations
- What is a birth plan and do I need one?
Extensive discussion on:
- What physical changes to expect for both Baby and Mum?
- What emotional changes to expect for both Baby and Mum?
- How to create an outer placenta for your Baby
- How to create an outer placenta for Mum and why does she need one
- Learn ways how to bond with your Baby and factors that can make postpartum bonding easier and more difficult
- Breastfeeding basics and common breastfeeding challenges
- Postpartum parenting plan
- Postpartum wellbeing plan
- Building a positive image of birth
- Partners understanding of your needs during labour and how to protect them
- Making your partner an active participant during labour
- Realistic expectations of first 6 weeks after birth
- Understanding of the needs of your Baby during the first 6 weeks
- Understanding of the needs of Mum and Dad during the first 6 weeks
- Building toolbox of skills to help you towards a positive birthing experience and further more towards a positive start of parenthood.
The knowledge you gain in this workshop will be food for thought and a starting point for an ongoing conversation with your partner about the birth of your baby and your parenting journey.
Who will love this?
Every expectant parent.
Testimonial from few of our students …
Maddie: ‘The birth preparation for couple’s workshop was thought-provoking, informative and empowering. Tatiana expertly demonstrated the practical application of yoga techniques in labour to help minimise pain and work through contractions and the birth of the baby. My husband and I feel the workshop equipped us with the practices and knowledge we needed to feel confident about a calm and a controlled labour experience. Thank you Tatiana!’
Kristen: “My husband and I also completed Tatiana’s Birth Evolved-birth preparation workshop. It was very achievable spread over 2 Sundays for 2 hours giving us both the practical tools and knowledge to prepare for labour, birth and the post-part in period
It was enough information to not feel overloaded but also not hours and hours of information.
Tatiana very kindly held a third session for a final catch up my husband found this the most valuable explaining that this gave him an opportunity to speak about pending fatherhood, reflect on what had been discussed previously and leave feeling more confident as he prepares to be a new dad.”