Every pregnancy is different and every woman feels different during her pregnancy physically and emotionally. Now, we know the female body is amazing, intuitive and goddess-like, but at some stage your amazing body starts to become a little heavier and little slower as you pour all of your energy into creating your baby.
Regardless, you want to be moving throughout your pregnancy to ensure you are preparing your body for the months and challenges ahead. However you decide to be active, you want to ensure it is safe, pregnancy related and engaging.
Specialized pregnancy yoga and pilates is here for this very reason! To build strength, endurance and create space for your growing baby. To help you prepare for the birth, learn important breathing and relaxation practices and embrace the flow of your emotions.
Evolvere has bespoke classes to ensure your pregnancy exercise meets your expectations, your limits and your desires. At the beginning of each practice we will sit down with you, talk about your expectations, any plans you may have, the importance of relaxation and precautions for safety for each trimester.
Reasons why a combination of Yoga Pilates will benefit you and your pregnancy:
- It’s all about you, gorgeous! Both pregnancy yoga and pilates are bespoke. Gentle enough for you start from 12 weeks (with the advice of your health care professional) and support the physical and emotional changes you are going through
- I’m crying at the Huggies ad! Breathing and movement can significantly reduce the risk of peri and post-natal depression and help bring you to your emotional, physical and mental peak.
- Ouch! My back! The combination of strength training and stretching will ease sciatic nerve pain and lower back pain
- Another hormone! During pregnancy, your body releases a hormone called ‘relaxin’ that helps your body to soften and become more prone to overstretching especially in your ligaments and tendons. As experts in our field, how you exercise is our priority. We will guide you in a safe practice, always.
- Let’s do this! Endurance challenging exercises are designed to mirror the contractions and provide space for practicing focus and correct breathing
- Breath through it – you’ve got this and we’ve got you! Benefits of deep breathing in yoga carries on following the birth of your baby. Breath is functional and used to tone your pelvic floor into peak condition and energises you to adjust to the demands of a newborn (even until Toddler years!)
- A dedicated practice of deep breathing is one of yoga’s main tools of discovery and connection. Benefiting strong connections between you, your partner and your baby as you enter life-changing parenthood.
We could talk about this forever, but truth be told, you are our priority. Our Founder, Tatiana feels a deep sense of gratitude being able to share in this next chapter with you. Evolvere is driven to ensure your safety, education and enjoyment. This chapter will be one of your most memorable, enriching and powerful and we would be honored to walk through it with you.
Want to join a class, but have more questions or are concerned about a pre-existing injury?
Contact us prior to beginning any practice, so we can discuss any concerns and injuries and talk in detail about your options and possible modifications.