What is Preparing for a positive 4th trimester?
At some point in your pregnancy you might hear your friends or family say: “The birth is only the beginning.” They have this mysterious smile on their faces that just makes you think to yourself: “I will cross that bridge when I get there.”
As expectant parent you spend hours to prepare for the birth of your baby, but are prepared to tackle the biggest change in your live when the moment comes?
I often hear women say: “The birth was the easy part, but why did nobody told me about how bloody hard the breastfeeding will be? My nipples are decimated.”
The truth is no one can be told what parenthood is or how it will feel like, every new parent has to experience it for themselves. And everyone’s experience will be slightly different. The birth of your Baby will open a door into a whole new world, into a whole new life.
Preparing for a positive 4th trimester is here to help you to broaden your horizons before life becomes solely focused on how to be the best Mum and Dad to your little jelly bean. This engaging and informative workshop is an opportunity for women (mums to be or new mums) and their partners to plan and share all things postpartum and to build understanding and realistic expectations. The 4th trimester is a time of immense physical and emotional change for the new-born baby and both new parents. We will discuss various postpartum topics, provide handouts and referrals for ongoing support and shine light on what to expect and how to navigate this beautifully challenging period.
What to expect?
Extensive discussion on:
- What physical changes to expect for both Baby and Mum?
- What emotional changes to expect for both Baby and Mum?
- How to create an outer placenta for your Baby
- How to create an outer placenta for Mum and why does she need one
- Learn ways how to bond with your Baby and factors that can make postpartum bonding easier and more difficult
- Breastfeeding basics and common breastfeeding challenges
- Postpartum parenting plan
- Postpartum wellbeing plan
- Realistic expectations of first 6 weeks after birth
- Understanding of the needs of your Baby during the first 6 weeks
- Understanding of the needs of Mum and Dad during the first 6 weeks
The knowledge you gain in this workshop will be food for thought and a starting point for an ongoing conversation with your partner on how to begin your parenting journey.
Who will love this?
Every expectant parent.